When testing for exceptions within an EDI statement, the 'Surname' is flagged as an exception.
To deal with this error, you will need to follow the below steps:
The provider has not sent the client surname through on the message.
- You will need to identify who the client is and complete the surname field.
- Best practice would be to contact the provider to see why they have not provided the client surname and get this corrected for any future remuneration.
- Once you have entered the surname, test for exceptions.
- If it is not possible to identify the client and complete the surname you will need to click on ‘Set as Manual’.
- This will remove this item from the exceptions list and will allow you to deal with this in the normal manner under the manual commission reconciliation area of CCD.